Our music program has 3 parts…
Music tuition should involve more than only learning your instrument. Being a musician includes creativity, freedom to express, social interaction, quick thinking, fun, and so much more. We aim to prepare all students for the real world of music whether it be playing in rock bands, busking on the streets, playing at home or writing and recording your music.
We provide weekly group lessons in guitar, bass guitar, and drum kit (soon to be keyboard and vocals too!). In each lesson, a range of developments are undertaken, from technique and discipline to creativity and working together. The weekly lessons work towards monthly band practices (workshops) where the skills learned are used in a band scenario playing real songs and exercising listening and working together. These workshops then focus towards a live performance, or gig, where the students, in their bands, play a concert of their songs to friends, family and the other musicians involved in the day. A really great experience for anyone playing or watching!
- A one hour lesson per week
- Small groups
- Teaching musical interaction
- Working towards playing in bands
- Developing skill, creativity, and social skills
- 1 band workshop each month
- Learning how to play together
- Developing listening and presentation
- Working towards live gigs
- Groups ie 2 guitarists, a bass player, a drummer
- Several live performances per year
- Playing on stage in bands
- Real-life musical experiences
- Conquer your nerves
- Students showcase their skills to family and friends
Looking for other music tuition options?
If you’re just looking for individual lessons rather than group lessons – we can still provide what you need.
Mango Music offers a range of Workshops and Classes including:
- Mango Monkeys – Music Clubs for Primaries
- Didgeridoo and Aboriginal Art
- African Djembe Drumming Workshops
- Numeracy & Literacy Through Music